Thread: Formal Exit Letter?

Thanks

Formal Exit Letter?

Hi everyone,
    I was wondering if anyone can help me write a formal exit letter because I'm voluntary leaving my old job for a better one and when I told my manager that I'll be no longer working for the company; my manager asked that I write a formal exit letter so that my manager can give it to his top manager.
    I've never wrote one, and was wondering what the formal exit letter looks like. If anyone has a template or anything on it...please help.
    thank you and hope someone replies.

Thanks
    http://jobsearchtech.about.com/od/le...l/aa030998.htm

http://jobsearchtech.about.com/od/re...l/aa082001.htm

there are links on it that leads to sample formal resignation letters ....

Thanks
    I Quit!!!

Smile is contagious...Be a carrier!!!

Thanks
    U're a "sweet" "viet" "angel". Those 3 words show that u need not say anything and people would miss u for life already! (j/k)

Google for a sample letter, should be no problem. I just did mine recently too.

Good luck with ur new job.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_viet_angel
    Hi everyone,
    I was wondering if anyone can help me write a formal exit letter because I'm voluntary leaving my old job for a better one and when I told my manager that I'll be no longer working for the company; my manager asked that I write a formal exit letter so that my manager can give it to his top manager.
    I've never wrote one, and was wondering what the formal exit letter looks like. If anyone has a template or anything on it...please help.
    thank you and hope someone replies.
    here is the whole letter sis, just modify to fit yours:

[Your Name]
    [Street Address]
    [City, ST ZIP Code]
    April 28, 2006

[Recipient Name]
    [Title]
    [Company Name]
    [Street Address]
    [City, ST ZIP Code]

Dear [Recipient Name]:

Before taking my leave next Tuesday, I want to acknowledge with deep thanks your many kindnesses to me during the years that I worked with you.
    It’s not everyone who has a boss who is consistently cooperative, generous, and understanding, and I feel that I’ve been blessed. Not only have I enjoyed working with you; I have learned how a really good public relations department should be run. It’s really because of the training I received from you that I feel qualified to undertake my new assignment.

My best wishes to you always. Don’t be surprised to get some telephone calls from me, asking for advice and perhaps a sympathetic, broad shoulder. If I can return any of the many favors you did me, all you have to do is pick up the telephone and dial 555-0199.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]
    [Title]

Thanks
    Dear....

As one door closes, another door opens. I’m happy to say that my five year working for BFS as [---] has been filled with great pride, many memories and of course, years of personal fulfillment as well as having friends and co-worker whom I have met throughout the years.

As my service with the Bureau has come to a close,! I had accepted a full-time, permanent engineering position with another organization to further extend my career. My experience with BFS has been remarkable and I thank everyone who has been a part of it. Rest assures I will cherish the times I shared with all of you!

With much success,

This isn't too formal but it's friendly to me!

Good luck,

Nam
    The world belongs to dissatisfied people!

Thanks
    wow...thank you for all the help everyone. I really appreciate it and have a wonderful day.

p.s. hahaha.... "kevinmscs," I hope what you said is true. I don't know if people will miss me but hey...u never know huh? take care

Thread Information