Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cable internet User, hack for Cable TV.

James T Guest

Cable internet User, hack for Cable TV.

Cable Internet Trick for Cable TV

WARNING:
    1. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU WILL DO WITH THIS INFORMATION (NONE OF MY BUSINESS!).
    2. THIS TRICK IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE THAT ALREADY HAVE CABLE INTERNET.

SAFETY:
    1. I do not recommend you to steal the whole cable line without paying at all.
    2. This method is only apply to those who pay for their cable internet.
    3. Steal the whole cable line without paying could get fine if they know.
    4. Cable company have a regular check up at every 6 months. They will run their truck around your neighborhood with a radar like, scan area with signal. The data will input in their system to see if you do have some kind of subscribe or not or sometime its only maintenance checkup to see where the line break. this is only check for OPEN line or CLOSE line. they don't know if you have cable internet or cable TV.
    5. therefore if you have subscribe "Cable Internet" they will not find out whether you have remove the filter or not.

SUPPLY:
    Buy High Speed Spliter at:
    1. Amazon.com cost around $6.00 to $15.00 depend on how many way splitter
    2. Ebay.com go around $3.00 to $15.00 depend on how many way splitter
    3. buy.com Very expensive $19.99 only 2 ways splitter. this is good for outdoor.

INFO:
    okay here's the deal, do not try this if you afraid of getting caught. I just want to show you this trick I know. I pay 45/month for the cable internet (Road Runner) and Cable TV basically already in the SAME LINE going in my house. I recently move to a new house and this area come with free basic Cable TV so I don't have to mess with this anymore. if you get caught this is normal for the technician to forget install a TV filter to block signal, or just said you don't know. all you did is order cable TV and that's how it was.

filter information how it work!
    fake filter only block channel 75-80

HOW:
    Normally Cable Internet and Cable TV run on the same line with different wave frequency. So if you have cable internet in your house, which mean you already have cable TV! but one little problem. You can't get any TV signal because you have a filter blocking it, all you need is free your line with both signal coming in just paying single Cable Internet price!

1. Here what the filter would look like, mine is square.. but in many other area it may look a little different, I know they have round one and other kind. anyway this is just to show yall what it will look like.

2. Next to get this working you will need a splitter .. a high speed one.. at least 1000MHz+ up! the higher the MHz the clear the picture are, and the higher the MHz the faster your cable will run.. if you have slow cable you might want to buy better splitter. it will increase the bandwidth pass through. if you have a normal 900Mhz cable splitter this WILL NOT work and WILL DISABLE your cable internet. You can get most of this "high speed" splitter at Sattlelite section.

3. here is what my cable box look like in my backyard, there is one cable box per every 4 house.. I'm lucky because the box actually locate in my backyard. if you don't have this box in your backyard than it must be in your neighbor, just ask them that the cable company want you to come and check something in the box.. and while looking at it take the filter out. sometime it stuck.. there shouldn't be any lock on this thing unless its a brand new 2003 house. just kick it and it will pop open.

4. This is what it look inside the cable box... my Cable Internet (Road Runner) show there without the filter because the area come with free Basic Cable TV. the filter you see me holding in the other picture is from my old house.

5. If you have a filter it should look something like this. The the filter go direct to the cable poll and the other end to in the end of the filter.

6. All you have to remove the filter out! and plug the original line back in and you're done! there should be a tag in the cable line.. if you don't have to cut this tag! don't cut it.. because that's your ID card... show that you did order cable. if a guy come and check he don't see this ID than he will think you stole cable by just run a line to it.

7. After you done taking the filter out, go inside and split the line coming in to how many cable room that you want... one end should go to the cable modem ... and whatever else it split to your bedroom etc. You can buy a cable box and get all the channel... easy right? go to Ebay.com to get filter and find Universal Cable Box. They have a whole bunch. "High Speed 2GHz Filter go around ($3.00 - $20.00) and Cable Box go around ($40.00 - $200.00) you don't need a really expansive one. if you don't want the box you will still get like basic 40 channels in your house.

ENJOY, YOU'RE DONE!

James T Guest
    for those who current having cable internet and cable tv! and pay for both.. just called your cable and cancel the TV ... they will send a technician come out and put in a filter! whenever you at home and turn on your tv and don't see any signal or picture.. wait for around 2-4days and go out and take the filter that he install out... my friend did it like an hour the guy left.. but they never came back.. and he did have a ID tag for his line.. so they wouldn't never know....

cable comany do not have their own technician.. they in contract with other technician company.. every time they have something like this is they send order to the technician company and they send a guy out to do the work.. so obviously ... the cable people wouldn't know.. because they were never out in the site.

Mario Guest
    Thanks for the post James... Even though I'm not gonna do it, it's still very informative and I might do it the next time I move... ehehehe thanks anyway!!!

Thanks
    cool

Thanks
    Remember that 4 cables in one box make sure you know which one run to your house, otherwise you in troubles with your neighbors and even more.......!
    "The Key To Happiness Is Having Dreams...,
    The Key To Success Is Making Dreams Come True."

James T Guest
    vnbluesea, exactly! it really funny if your neighbors get free cable tv and you get in trouble for them :o

Thanks
    Look cool James
    hey bro, do you ever check out DTV, man i been emulate for 4 yrs now.
    i don't think anything better than dtv dude. specially football season comming.
    you can watch all 13 games sunday,all ppv you can.

James T Guest
    redvet, ehehehe dtv? i have it too! infact i have a programmer/emulator right now :lol: i've been program my own HU card.. and made a emulator for H card its great i love it.. yeah DTV is the best much more quality picture than cable... and a lot more movie channel.

anyway this little trick is for those who don't have dss!

Thanks
    glad to hear that bro. the only thing i hope is H card stream stay for while, no one know exactly when they going to shut it down.
    i don't like Hu that much but it's ok just for backup though.
    do you know now they have system that you can watch free tv from vn? i saw it..cost 250 per system...

NhatLan Guest
    Thanks for the sharing bro James, actually my cable in my area is little bit difference. Outside of my apartment, I think that I saw one splitter like the one in your picture above, it has about 8 lines go into difference apartment. They run one cable direct into my TV, and another cable go into my cable modem. Moreover, I don't have any cable box in my apartment, anyway I have been using a 3 lines splitter, which can connect additional 2 more TVs, and sharing the same cable TV.

Your picture is a little bit confuse to me, I'm not really sure how to remove the filter out, since they have only one 8 lines splitter outside the apartment. Furthermore, I don't see any filter, also some apartment didn't using cable TV either. By the way, will this method still work, if I call in and cancel my my internet service. And I guess when I cancel my internet, they will send the technician out to put the filter in. Once again, thanks for sharing..........

NhatLan

Thanks
    I have cable TV, how do I get cable internet?

James T Guest
    Nhatlan, hehehe i'm at work now and i don't have digital cam to take you any visual picture.. is kinda hard to explain how this thing work but the concept is very simple...

no cam so draw this don't laugh! you like my cad drawing? ;)

nhatlan, when you do this make sure, i mean make sure 100% that line is going in your house than remove it... if you don't have a filter just buy a splitter out and add to the line that go in your house.. and one go to your modem and whatever else left go to how many other tv you want...

James T Guest
    Originally posted by tinhbovo:
    I have cable TV, how do I get cable internet?
    easy... but hey one thing, you can't hack cable internet because they monitor your connection and speed, they have to register the cable modem to their network to make it work! and with ISP you will get email and stuff.. like whatever@houston.rr.com, they will have to give you a user name and password. so in order to do this you have to cancel your cable tv and add cable internet.. since you already have cable tv is very easy for them, they just come out and gave you a modem and config your computer with cable internet...

cable tv cost around 35/month in my area!
    cable internet cost 45/month in my area!

so you will have to add more money for internet... but look at it you will get both for the same price

Thanks
    I ran into this. It's good information. Let me check it out even though I have DSS. I don't like to have individual receiver per TV.
    thanks james. Bây giờ là tui mới biết là tại sao miệng ông la làng tới như vậy. Tại vì you are stealing cable at a time. hi.. hi..
    Streamload: binhleebackup

Thanks
    Thanks James T

Thread Information